Monday, February 8, 2010

Smarties and Tootsie Rolls

Whenever we went out for halloween, we'd always give momma our Smarties and Tootsie Rolls from our candy stashes. We knew she loved them, so we'd always give them to her. She also loved Take 5 and when I was older and could go to the store by myself, I'd always buy her either those, or some M&Ms. Just to let her know that I was thinking about her. She would always do things like that for us kids. I went through a tic tac phase, and for awhile, she would bring me tic tacs every time she came home from the store. Same thing when I went through my Hershey's Kissable's phase. One time, she bought a huge bag for Valentine's day for me. Last Valentines day, she bought me a gigantic teddy bear with hearts on it's feet and an adorable red ribbon. She knew how lonely I felt around that holiday, having never had a valentine for Valentine's day, and so she wanted to cheer me up. Its just little things like that that I loved. She would do little things to let me know how much she cared. We did things for each other to let the other know that we were thinking about them. It's not the big things, but the little things that can mean enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment