Saturday, January 30, 2010

Riding Bikes

I remember when my mom taught me how to ride a bike. She told me to keep trying even though I really didn't want to. She told me to not be afraid to fall, because that's how people learn to do things. I remember she would hold on to the back of the bike seat until I told her I was comfortable enough to continue on my own. She never let go if I was too scared. Even when I rode short bursts on my own, she would never leave my side. She was always there to catch me when I fell. I fell a lot when learning to ride my bike. But she was alway there with a kiss and a band-aid to fix my "owies" and make them better. She went through the same thing with all 6 of her kids. Staying out for hours and hours with us helping us to learn, when we were old enough, how to ride a bike. What a simple thing, but what a wonderful example!

No comments:

Post a Comment